Wednesday, April 16, 2008

An ordinary day

An ordinary day...
a plane crashes
on a market street
in a distant land
close to a great lake
and a rift valley.
The world stinks
of negligence
and depravation.
I think of people
starving for attention
and food to feed
their hungry mouths
and those who's
skies rain bullets.
The heavens have
closed their ears to
the demands of
too many children
and too many cars,
I am angry says
the planet as it gasps
for breath.
I am drifting afar.
The center of my mind
is out of control.
My life out of balance
wary of the rules
made by someone
else's uncle,
punctuated with
stray thoughts
of braindrain
family, lost love
acid rain,
heavy metal...
and what-have-you
I find myself lost.
I might write
a story about
the places
that I have been to
sitting in a chair
eyes fixed on a
silver screen,
and let my voice be heard.
Please leave me alone,
I say.
I don't want to buy anything!
I am tired
of fundamentalists
and TNC's
and GMOs.
I want to scream.
A monk in a
maroon robe
just told me
he hates no one.

No comments: